Building Our Home Fundraiser
After spending our first year in a private boarding facility, we are so excited that we have pinpointed a location to begin our program and operations and are laser focused on getting the facility ready to move into. The target property, while beautiful, is raw land that will need several improvements.
Our current goal is to obtain $20,000 to set up, transform and establish operations on our new property. This new home will allow us to help another horse in need immediately; we look forward to offering hope, safety and permanence to a horse that is suffering and/or at risk of slaughter. This will double the cost of horse care and part of the amount we have asked to raise will go toward acquiring Ruby’s herd-mate.
We are seeking financial and in-kind donations to help us prepare the facility. The list of items we are currently seeking and/or needing to purchase are:
• Fencing materials (electobraid, t-posts, insulators, solar charger, etc.)
• 12′ and 6′ horse gates
• Portable outbuildings for feed and equipment storage, meeting and horse shelter
• Miscellaneous building supplies (wood, concrete, fasteners, etc.)
• Consumable horse care products such as non toxic fly spray and wound ointments
• Farm tools like wheel barrows, pitch forks, shovels, water troughs, buckets and trash cans
• Farm/Lawn equipment (lawn mower, weed trimmer, etc.)
• Outdoor furniture
• Assistance in establishing utilities and services
• Hay, feed and supplements
To help get us going, we have already received confirmation from a very generous benefactor who is willing to match, dollar for dollar, any donation made during this drive up to $10,000. We are on our way and every donation and every dollar counts!
Ruby’s Home for Good
P.O. Box 133141
The Woodlands, TX 77393
For more information on ways to help, visit our Ways to Help page.